City Explorer Seminar
You love Berlin and enjoy discovering your city together with others? You want to dive into the bustling life of the city and are looking for a leisure time experience where you can experience Berlin from new exciting perspectives and at the same time meet other people with the same interests? You would like to show your guests interesting corners of the city in a competent and exciting way on private or professional occasions? The seminar will be held in German – so it is necessary that you can communicate in German on a basic level. The seminar gives you the opportunity not only to explore the city, but also to get in touch with German native speakers and to practice your German.
We welcome you to our city explorer seminar!
No matter if you were born in Berlin or have recently moved in: we assure you that you will hear and see a lot of new, interesting and exciting stories and anecdotes about our city. We offer you:
* Lectures on history, architecture, culture, and much more
* Walking tours through many districts
* Bus tour to the highlights of Berlin’s city center
* Rallies with tricky tasks, bike rides, boat trip and other activities
* Excursions to museums, political institutions and other interesting places
* No additional costs: entrance and touring fees are already included in the seminar fee
* Lectures and guided tours by certified city guides, which will inspire you too
* A personal certificate of attendance at the end of the seminar
Every Wednesday at 6 pm, in the seminar room near the main train station, interesting lectures about districts, history, architecture, culture and other topics will be held by us. Supplemented by presentations by our lecturers or participants of the city guide seminar. You are welcome to contribute your own presentations on topics or places that are of interest to you and become an active part of the group.
Discover the atmosphere of the city during our several guided walking tours! Let yourself be seduced by the well-known and lesser-known corners of the city and hear interesting and entertaining stories and anecdotes. On city tours by foot and by bus we explore numerous inner city districts, from Charlottenburg to the government district and the historic city center to Kreuzberg and many more.
An interesting excursion program will take you to well-known, but also surprising places in Berlin: we will have a guided tour of the German Bundestag including a visit of its dome afterwards, take part in a private tour of the German Historical Museum and visit the Wannsee Conference House, just to name a few.
An interesting program with numerous activities round off the program to get to know Berlin. For example, a Christmas tour to the Christmas markets in Berlin, team rallies with tricky tasks, bike rides and a river cruise. On request, you can also suggest your own activities, which we will be happy to integrate into our program.
The seminar language is GERMAN
Duration of Seminar:
October 23, 2019 to May 31, 2020
Date and Time:
* Every Wednesday from 6 – 9 p.m. lectures and presentations in the seminar room (Lehrter Str. 12, near central station)
* Every weekend a guided tour, excursion or other activity. Exact dates in consultation with all participants
* Additional activities outside the regular seminar program at the suggestion of the lecturers or participants
€ 99 incl. VAT, payable monthly between October 2019 and May 2020
* You can register at any time – due to the seminar room and the guided tours, however, the number of participants is limited
* Registration deadline is October 14, 2019 – registration after the deadline is possible if there are still remaining places
* If you apply for a state educational grant, sign up only after you have received it
To register click on the yellow “register now” button on this page.
You would like to register as an association or company and make our seminar accessible to your members or employees? We are happy to advise you regarding organization and pricing options.
Information as a pdf document
Here you will find all seminar details summarized in a pdf-document, which you can save and print – this information sheet is in German: